Welcome to the Bowning Bushfire Brigade
The information on this site is for members of the Brigade and the community
The Bushfire Season for the 2016/17 period has now been extended until the 30th of April due to the continuing hot and dry conditions. You are still required to obtain a fire permit unit this date.
Anyone who wishes to have a burn must contact fire control, the brigade captain and their neigbours prior to the burn as well as obtaining a fire permit. For further information contact Yass Fire Control 62263100.
Spring/Summer 2016/17 Training Schedule
Bowning Bushfire Brigade Training Calendar
• Tuesday November 8th - (Go over Radios/Mapping) 6:30pm
• Tuesday November 22nd - (Pumping exercise from a dam using all utilities) 6:30pm
• Tuesday December 6th - (Running grass fire exercise, fire will be cones in this exercise) 6:30pm
• Tuesday December 20th - (Brigade area drive, checking tracks/hydrants etc) 6:30pm
• Tuesday January 3rd - (Fire overrun - Bowning1/2/7/9) 6:30pm
• Tuesday January 17th - (Pumping) 6:30pm
• Tuesday February 7th - 6:30pm
• Tuesday February 21st - 6:00pm
• Thursday March 9th - 6:30pm
• Tuesday March 21st - 6:30pm
Please note -
- For training all members that wish to be active throughout the fire season will be required to attend at least one of the above training sessions.
- Training will start from our station on Leake Street in Bowning.
*Schedule may be subject to change*