Welcome to the Bowning Bushfire Brigade
The information on this site is for members of the Brigade and the community
The Bushfire Season will commence on the 01/11/2016 and will require a fire permit from this date onwards.
Any one who wishes to have a burn must contact fire control, the brigade captain and their neigbours prior to the burn. For further information contact Yass Fire Control 62263100.
Brigade contact form click here
Spring/Summer 2016/17 Training Schedule
Bowning Bushfire Brigade Training Calendar
• Tuesday October 18th - (Station/truck tidy-up & equipment check) 6:30pm
• Tuesday November 1st - (Go over Radios/Mapping) 6:30pm
• Tuesday November 15th - (Pumping exercise from a dam using all utilities) 6:30pm
• Tuesday December 6th - (Running grass fire exercise, fire will be cones in this exercise) 6:30pm
• Tuesday December 20th - (Brigade area drive, checking tracks/hydrants etc) 6:30pm
• Tuesday January 3rd - (Fire overrun - Bowning1/2/7/9) 6:30pm
• Tuesday January 17th - (Pumping) 6:30pm
• Tuesday February 7th - 6:30pm
• Tuesday February 21st - 6:30pm
• Tuesday March 7th - 6:30pm
• Tuesday March 21st - 6:30pm
Please note -
- For training all members that wish to be active throughout the fire season will be required to attend at least one of the above training sessions.
- Training will start from our station on Leake Street in Bowning.
*Schedule may be subject to change*